There are plenty of fundamentals regarding Mass pot delivery that consumers should consider before placing an online order. In this blog, we’re reviewing some crucial basics and how to seamlessly order cannabis directly to your door!
Cannabis Delivery in Massachusetts: What You Should Know
Last year, Massachusetts became one of six states to allow legal adult-use cannabis delivery. Currently, approximately 11 delivery licenses have been issued to legal cannabis companies throughout the Commonwealth.
Following the approval of cannabis delivery in Massachusetts, there are many guidelines and rules to consider. These are designed to help structure a generally safe and compliant cannabis delivery service process among companies:
- For instance, delivery vehicles must be accompanied by two employees and contain a GPS tracker, secure storage area, and other safety features.
- Customers must present a photo ID to verify their delivery order, while the at-home transaction is required to be recorded on an employee body camera.
The state’s delivery process is highly regulated. With that said, cannabis home delivery services have allowed opportunity for many to access flower and products within the comfort of their home. This also helps bring more variety into the hands of both medical marijuana patients and avid recreational consumers.
Mass Cannabis Home Delivery Basics
Before placing your first Boston weed delivery order, consider these Massachusetts cannabis basics:
Who can purchase Cannabis Products?
- In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, purchasing medical cannabis is legal for adults over the age of 18 with a valid medical marijuana ID, or patient registration card.
- Patients under the age of 18 are able to purchase with their valid patient card and with the company of an adult caregiver on their behalf.
Not a medical cannabis patient? Adults over the age of 21 can legally purchase cannabis products with a valid government ID present.
What is the Purchasing Limit on Cannabis Products?
- While the maximum purchasing quantity is different between medical and recreational sales, both types of purchases have a limited cap.
- For recreational cannabis sales, a maximum of one ounce of flower, five grams of concentrates, or 5mg of THC in edible form is allowed per customer purchase.
If you are a medical patient with a valid MMJ card, these limits are much less strict. Patients can purchase up to 10 ounces of flower or the equivalent in edibles within a 60-day time span.
Is there a Marijuana Sales Tax?
For recreational consumers and customers, cannabis products sold at the retail and delivery level often include a 6.25% – 8% sales tax. Expanding further, state taxes are set more generally at 17% for recreational use.
This tax set on cannabis retail sales and products contributes to the state’s overall plan and strategy for the legal cannabis market – going towards the state’s general fund, the transportation authority, and the school building authority.
However, it’s important to note that there is no sales tax initiated for medical marijuana purchases.
Rolling Releaf Cannabis Delivery: Purveyors of Cannavenience
As a delivery operator, Rolling Releaf is on a mission to make our wide variety of cannabis products accessible to the Greater Boston area. Through our hand-selected social equity-focused products and brands, we strive to partner with industry leaders and equitable businesses in the community.
This is in efforts to provide high-quality cannabis products that are reliable, safe, and beneficial. Ready to utilize the adult-use pot delivery services offered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Be sure to remember to consider these helpful tips to optimally navigate your purchase.
Sign up with Rolling Releaf for our delivery service to get started on your first cannabis delivery order!